Prep time: 15 min Cook Time: 20 min Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh Mint
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring vegetable broth and water to a boil. Turn the temperature down to a simmer and add the quinoa. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Stir in cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, chives and mint until blended. Add quinoa and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Where I link up my posts!