Don't worry if your batter doesn't really look like pancake batter, in terms of runniness. It is supposed to be basically all composed of the veggies. The flour and milk are just there enough to help bond the veggies together.
I love topping the pancakes with a scoop (or two!) of sour cream or Greek yogurt! Enjoy!
Spinach, Onion and Sweet Potato Pancakes
Prep time: 5 min Cook Time: 15 min Yield: 10-12 pancakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 small sweet potato, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for frying
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
1. In a bowl whisk together milk and both flours. Stir in sweet potato, onion and spinach and mix thoroughly.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into pan and spread to flatten pancakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Top with sour cream. Enjoy!