Spinach, Onion and Sweet Potato Pancakes

Monday, September 8, 2014

Hey all! I am so happy to finally be back doing this blog thing! I was MIA for over half a year now due to life happening. I know, it's no excuse. But sometimes when things just come up you tend to put other things on the back burner, and thus among those "other things" was my blog. But I am happy to be back! And with that, I leave you with a yummy breakfast or brunch recipe that I have been making for quite some time. I tend to make the batter the night before so all I have to do is fry them up in the morning. Takes little time to do, and I make as many as we will eat for breakfast (since they are better fresh and warm than re-heated later in the day). The rest of the batter I save for the next couple days or freeze in a ziploc bag until I am craving them again (which is pretty often!).

Don't worry if your batter doesn't really look like pancake batter, in terms of runniness. It is supposed to be basically all composed of  the veggies. The flour and milk are just there enough to help bond the veggies together. 

I love topping the pancakes with a scoop (or two!) of sour cream or Greek yogurt! Enjoy!

Spinach, Onion and Sweet Potato Pancakes
Prep time: 5 min        Cook Time: 15 min           Yield: 10-12 pancakes

Ingredients
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 small sweet potato, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for frying
- Sour cream for topping (optional)

Directions
1. In a bowl whisk together milk and both flours. Stir in sweet potato, onion and spinach and mix thoroughly.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into pan and spread to flatten pancakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Top with sour cream. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...