Prep time: 15 min Cook Time: 60 min Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 whole onions, chopped
- 2 chopped red peppers
- 2 heaping spoonfuls chili powder
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground pork (or you can use beef)
- 2 28 oz cans whole tomatoes
- 1 19 oz can black beans
- 1 19 oz can white kidney beans
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
1. In a large pot on medium-high heat, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add onions and peppers and cook until soft and caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Add ground meat and chop the meat up with a wooden spoon (so you don't get meat chunks). Season with chili powder and cook until brown and thoroughly cooked.
2. Add tomatoes, black and kidney beans, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, simmering on medium heat for one hour. Serve warm with soda crackers, corn bread or garlic bread.
Where I link up my posts!