I thought of all the things I needed and quickly went to my local dollar store. The thing about dollar stores is that they have almost everything you need for a craft. And with a little imagination, an item designed for one use can be utilized for a craft! Such as the cork board for flower pots. This makes the perfect base to start my project! Garland, gold poinsettias and gold hollies and berries tie the whole look of the project together! Here is a quick guide to make your own DIY Chritmas centerpiece.
What you need:
- Cylinder candle holder
- Round cork board (you can also use round paper or Styrofoam plate)
- Sparkly Christmas decor picks (hollies, berries, poinsettias, etc.)
- Decorative candle
- Tools: wire cutter, glue gun
1. Using your wire cutters, cut the garland into approximately 4" strips. Cut some shorter and some longer. I used a 5' garland and ended up cutting 16 strips.
2. Start gluing each garland piece onto the cork board. Make sure to use your cylinder candle holder as a guide to the diameter space needed in the centre. Glue longer strips with an inch of space in between, and then gluing smaller strips in between the spaces.
Add your candle to the candle holder and you are set! What a pretty arrangement, and all for under $10!