Jam Filled French Toast Roll Ups
Prep time: 10 min Cook Time: 18-20 min Yield: 16-20 roll ups
- 16 - 20 slices sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup jam, your choice (I used strawberry)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Trim crust off each slice of bread. Working with one bread slice at a time, use a rolling pin to flatten bread to half its original size. Spread one tablespoon of jam onto one half of the slice. Starting from the jam side, roll up bread and set aside. Continue with remaining bread slices.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, flour and baking powder. Dip each bread roll up into mixture and transfer to prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake in center of oven for 18-20 minutes, turning them after 9 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Once the roll ups are baked, dip each roll up in cinnamon mixture to evenly coat. Serve immediately.