Giving Thanks at the Table

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Here in Canada, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Only two more weeks until Thanksgiving weekend. I love this time of year. When the leaves start to fall, the smell of home cooked meals is in the air, and you can finally wear your warm sweaters and cozy boots. I remember my childhood around this time of year: we would always have Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparent's house. The smell of turkey dinner in combination with the wood burning fireplace always hit me as we drove up the driveway. My grandmother's kitchen is small, but it somehow was always big enough to fit all the dishes and food. She always made the turkey, stuffing and veggies while we brought the mashed potatoes, soup and dessert. I loved the heat that both her oven and fireplace created, and that warm and cozy feeling inside of me as we all ate together. It was just wonderful memories year after year.

As I grew older, moved out and started making new memories with my in-laws, I now look forward to the days where I too can create these memories for my children. Again this year, Thanksgiving will be celebrated twice - once at each side of the family. Our house is not big enough to host a large dinner, and so I look forward to baking two apple pies and bringing two veggie plates. However, if I had a larger house to host Thanksgiving dinner, I would set my table like this...

via
via

via
via
via
via
via

1 comment:

  1. These are all beautiful!! I am hoping to have at least some chairs to go around my dining table this year lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...