Butternut Squash Recipe Roundup

Thursday, October 24, 2013

I love this time of year when pumpkins and squash varieties are readily available. I love the colour that they bring and the delicious dishes that are made with them. Not only are they delicious, they are also packed with nutrients. One cup of cooked squash has 457% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A (a key vitamin for vision health) and is a good source of fiber, potassium, and magnesium! I don't usually make dishes designed around pumpkins and squash (other than pumpkin pie!). So I decided I will check out some recipes for ideas on how I can incorporate butternut squash into my recipes this fall. And while I did go a little overboard with collecting the recipes, I can always use this page for future years to come when I want to try some new recipe.

Butternut Squash Tart with Fried Sage
Macaroni and Cheese with Butternut Squash
Steamed Butternut Squash Pudding
Potato and Squash Mash
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash
Squash and Bean Minestrone
Butternut Squash with Brown Butter
Butternut-Squash Crumble
Ginger-Squash Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
Butternut Squash au Gratin with Wild Mushrooms and Crispy Bacon
Butternut Squash Soup with Chipotle Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...