Life Lately

Monday, September 30, 2013

Hey everyone! I know I have been a little MIA on this blog over the past couple weeks, and I have to apologize! There has been so much going on that I honestly have just been so exhausted at nights to even sit down and write a post. I have so much to talk about and so much to share with you all but I just need time (and energy) to sit down and type it out. This upcoming weekend I have the 5k run that I was talking about in my earlier posts, and have been training almost every night for the past month. I have never done a 5k (or any run!) so this is exciting for me! Since doing the Insanity program and losing 20 pounds this past year, I really want to see just how far I can go. I call it my "ultimate" test of fitness for now. I am super excited and pumped for this race! But at the same time a bit nervous - will I be able to make it? Will I be the last one? Will I accomplish my personal goals? All of this worrying has actually forced me to start the Insanity program yet again. While I am at the weight that I was when I first entered university some 7 years ago, I still would like to lose 8 more pounds to be at my "happy" weight. So all this training and Insanity will definitely help me lose those extra pounds and help me keep it off. Plus keeping up with my exercise routine will help me cope with the upcoming holiday season. I want to make sure to keep off all this weight that I worked so hard at losing!

And speaking of losing weight, I now officially l-o-v-e to wear skinny pants! I was always self-conscious before to wear them - always thinking my hips or bum looked too big to fit into them. I am now the proud owner of skinny pants - 6 to be exact! Everything from the cobalt colour to olive I have purchased. I must say - I have spent quite a lot for a new fall/winter outfit recently. Ooops! I just couldn't take it - I feel great in this new body and am happy to wear things that I know I look good and feel good in! Plus, all the pants I do own is a bit too large on me since losing one dress size.

I will update you all on my 5k run next week and post some pictures of the event! Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the weight loss!! Hope the 5k goes great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with losing the weight. I can totally share in the joy of buying skinny jeans. I bought a pair myself and I think they are quickly becoming my favorite. I can't wait to hear about your five k I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think they are my fave now too! Thanks so much :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...