Hate Letter Against Autistic Son - In The News

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

While this has been news here in Canada for the past couple of days, I just read about it this morning and thought I would lightly share my thoughts. For those who have not heard of the news, an anonymous letter was sent to a family of a 13-year-old autistic boy near Oshawa, Ontario. The letter writes:
See a larger image here
While I am no mother nor can I relate, this just breaks my heart to think that one mother would write such horrible and disgusting things to another mother. It makes me think what kind of world we live in. What horrible, inhumane person would dare write such hatred words to anyone? What are we ultimately teaching our children? We go against bullying in schools, teach our kids to love and respect one another. Yet it is the grown-ups, the "mature" adults that children look up to and model after that seem to need some schooling. I always see parents setting such horrible examples for their children. Many times I think of what these kids will bring to our future society, what they will be teaching our grand kids. Aside from the words and hatred this mother expresses, the last paragraph really sent chills down my spine. How can anyone tell a mother to "euthanize" their child? This left me just speechless.

I am sure you will all have something to say about this letter, and my opinions might mirror yours. So I will keep this post short and to the point: any person who calls themselves a mother should never ever say these sickening words to another mother, especially not to a child. 

What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. This is disgusting. Awful. Shameful. Ugly. So incredibly and terribly ugly. What an AWFUL person. The same thing that sent chills down your spine also sent chills down my spine: euthanize him?! HOLY EFF!!! How could you EVER SAY THAT?! THEY should move, not demand the other family move. If they hate that family so much, THEY should be forced to move. What an AWFUL human being!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more with you! Seems too surreal of a note to have been actually sent to some person.

      Delete
  2. This is beyond horrible. It is very hard to wrap your head around someone being that awful to another human being. I have a feeling that karma will eventually catch up with her, and one day she will eat her words. Unfortunately, some people lack human compassion. In this case, I don't believe she lacks it, but it does not exist. Sad, sad, sad......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is just hateful. I feel sorry for her kids. What is one of them has an accident and is not 'normal' anymore? Would she euthanize them? Maybe she needs to spend some time in the shoes of the grandmother of this child. Probably wouldn't get it, anyway. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess people don't realize what its like until they have to go through it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...