Guest Post - Meet Emily!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello hello! Welcome to this beautiful Monday; the last Monday of August 2013. Make sure to do something memorable today! Maybe one of those can be reading a guest post for today from Emily! She is a true sweetheart and I am so happy I have gotten to know her these past couple of months! Between our emails and reading her blog posts, I found out we have quite a few things in common (one of them is baking cookies...recipe to follow!). So go ahead and say hello to Emily!

*     *     *     *     *

Hello wonderful Taste of August readers!  My name is Emily and I blog over at Just the Stew of Us. First, let me say Happy Blogiversary to Jovana because that is a fantastic accomplishment in the blog world.  As a new blogger myself, I definitely think it is reason to celebrate.  Secondly, it is so nice of Jovana to ask me to guest post.  This is actually my first guest post ever so bear with me!  Kidding, kidding.Onward.


Here are few little tidbits about myself and my wee little blog:

I am currently living in San Diego with my husband who is a helicopter in the Navy and our German Shepherd pup, Bruce.  Bruce had a floppy ear for the longest time so here is a little throwback to those early days in his young pup life.

We are total foodies and make it a point to try a different restaurant every time we go out to eat.  Whether it be a hole-in-the-wall restaurant or a nicer place, we love trying new food.  Speaking of food, below is a recipe for the most delicious chocolate chip cookies on this planet.  Sometimes you just need a good chocolate chip cookie, ya know?  I found the recipe last year on here and have not used another one since.  I’ve actually eaten two while typing this if that’s any indication.  Brain food, right?

Ingredients
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup shortening (Crisco sticks works best)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 scant teaspoon salt
lotsa chocolate chips (upwards of two cups! do it!)
flaky sea salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream together butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla and egg until fluffy
Add sifted dry ingredients (minus sea salt) and mix till combined
Fold in chocolate chips and drop by spoon onto greased cookie sheet
Sprinkle with sea salt before baking
Bake at 350 for 6-10 minutes (I usually pull them out at about 7:30)


Enjoy!  Thanks again to Jovana for letting me take over her blog for the day!


1 comment:

  1. Aww I love Emily!! Those cookies sound delish!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...