Guest Post - Meet Charity!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hello all! As I continue to grow and expand my blog, I am also coming across new blogs and meeting new friends along the way. There are some amazing girls that I have met through blogging, and I cherish our friendships! I love reading about their lives and getting to know them more and more through their blog posts. Today I would like to introduce you to a sweet gal I recently met! I love her blog posts as she always speaks from the heart! Here is Charity from The Word of A Nerd!

*     *     *     *     *

Hello lovely Taste of August Readers! My name is Charity and I blog over at The Word of A Nerd. I am delighted to be sharing here in Jovana's space because she's a total sweetheart - which I am sure you already know. Thanks for having me girl! In lieu of her Blogiversary Jovana has asked me to share how I started blogging and one of my favorite recipes. So here we go!

November of 2012 I began a blogging challenge with a few friends of mine for one month. During that time we answered questions in regards to our faith. When the 30 days was over I stopped blogging and you know what? I got emails from a few people telling me that they missed my posting and I honestly missed blogging too. So in December 2012 I decided that I would give blogging a third and final chance - I haven't looked back since. My blogging journey could not have come at a better time as I was in the middle of a huge transition, I had moved from Florida to New York City. I left my friends, family, church and business all behind. Essentially I was starting my life from scratch and my blog was a place to put down all the stuff that was in my head.

On my blog I share a lot about my faith. I am not a bible beater but I really love Jesus and I make sure that's known in my space - because it's a huge part of who I am.

I have been married for 8 years to my awesome husband whom I affectionately call Mr.FixIt. We've been married since I was 18 and he was....older. You can read more about how we met here.


I try my best to be honest with my readers by sharing both the joys and the trials in my life. Recently I shared about my hearts deepest desire and the outpouring of support was more than I could have ever dreamed of.


Since I'm a part-time homemaker I share a lot of tips about making my home greener and cleaner all while saving money. Every now and again I also share awesome DIY tips like the one pictured below.


Each week on my blog I share wonderful vegan or not recipes. It was really hard choosing one of my favorite recipes but this Chubby Chocolate Chip Cookie is definitely in the top five. Not only is it super easy and fast to make it is seriously thee most delicious cookie I have ever tasted and I make them at least once a week.


My lifestyle blog serves as a catch all for my adventures as a Christian Wife, a City Dweller, a Traveler of Time, and a self proclaimed Vegan baker/chef. I hope you will stop by to ride the waves of life with me, as I eat, pray, and love.


6 comments:

  1. Charity and I actually started blogging at the same time! Love her blog!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read you here Charity! Great post, thanks for sharing!!
    xoxo Tayrina :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...