Cubicle Refresh

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our office space is getting a complete makeover. New carpeting, new wall colour, and new arrangement will be all starting to come together soon. And I cannot be more excited! I started working with the company three years ago on a contract basis and have been there since. While the final finishing touches and relocation won't happen until a couple months (right around the time when my latest contract is up), I am hoping my contract will be renewed again and again - besides absolutely loving the place where I work and the people I work with, I also am looking forward to getting a feeling for my new cubicle! Because I was always on short-term contracts, I never invested in prettying up my desk that I sit at all day, every day. Which is why I can't wait for this new office refresh to happen so that I can actually tell myself "yes, you do need to pretty up that space of yours!" And searching online, I have found a few sources of inspiration!

Memo boards are so required when working in an office setting. With so many things going on in our lives daily, sometimes you forget or overlook at the tasks that need to be completed. Pretty memo boards like these give you a reason to post up important info!
via

I just love the idea of wallpaper on the cubicle walls. Ours at work are purple, deep dark plum purple! So it makes the whole area just a teeny bit dark (okay, maybe a lot!). So I like the idea of wallpaper! With tacs to secure, makes a pretty nice and bright backdrop. Of course, I would have to get it okay'd by management first!
via
In and out boxes are so important to organize the paper piles that oftentimes keep piling up. This also reduces clutter on your desk, which helps you feel a bit more organized. I have always wondered how some manage with piles and piles of paper stacks on their desks, but for me I know I just cannot work like that! Plus, keeping it bright and cheery like this baby blue colour makes staying organized a bit more exciting!
via
Proper lighting in any office setting is a must. Sometimes, the overhead light from the office is not enough when working on a task, such as focusing in on the small details of a picture or those small words on the text. I might invest in one of these when I change spots!
via
Finding pens should never be a "where's Waldo" search party in your office space. Having a designated holder for all your pens and pencils is very essential, as well as having an ample supply by your side. I definitely will be saving a couple of cans and searching for some colourful scrapbook paper to make some holders for my space!
via
Aside from organizing your pens and pencils, you also need to have an organized supply of the small things, like scissors, ruler, paper clips, and sticky notes. Not to mention the other odds and ends you might have (like your emergency supply of snack-size chocolate for times when you are too stressed at your desk!).
via


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...