Weekend Shopping

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Last week, the hubs and I took some time to clean out our closets. We ended up with a bag of old clothing for donation. This closet purging was a great exercise for me, since it allowed me to get rid of things I haven't worn in over a year. My rule of thumb when it comes to clothing: if I haven't worn it in over a year, I will probably never wear it again. But why do I keep some things for longer than a year, that is what I wonder! I also realized some the clothing I regularly wear but have had for years as well. I never really realized that I kept some shirts or even pants for a few years, until the other day. I was wearing one of my favourite shirts when I was hanging out with my sister, and she asked "isn't that the shirt you had for five years?" Embarrassed, I said yes, and told myself I needed to clean out my closet and get rid of these things! If she noticed, who else might have noticed?! So, after cleaning out the closets, the hubs and I both gave ourselves a budget of $100 each to buy new clothing (and sort of replace the old favourites we had!).

After the shopping trip this weekend, I am so happy to have bought three new outfits for under $80! All of the items I purchased were on sale and you can never beat summer sales! Especially since it is still summer :) Here is what I purchased at Target and Winners. I tried to link to the items online as best as I could.

Target: Merona Dress
Target: Blouse (similar), Polka Dot Shirt (similar), Capris
Jeans: Aeropostale
Shoes: Winners
Aside from the amazing sale prices I got on all the items, I am so happy with one item in particular: the jeans. I was absolutely shocked when I heard the total for those jeans!  After taxes, I paid only $2.79. That's right...two dollars and seventy-nine cents! Holy moly! And if you want proof, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...