New Closet Organization

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ever since we moved in to our home two years ago, I wanted to have an organized and neat closet. However, the standard top shelf and rack was what I had to work with up until recently. Even though I would always get rid of old or no longer used clothing, the closet just kept getting messier and unorganized. So, me and the hubby sat down and thought about what the best arrangement for my closet would be in order to maximize space and keep things organized. This is what we came up with:
As we started taking out the clothing, I remembered to take a few pics. This is that long shelf and rod that ran from one end to the other. Those shelves at the bottom were ones we quickly put together when we first moved in, so you can see just how unorganized things were! I also have large floor to ceiling sliding doors, so bouncing back and forth between the left and right side was a hassle!


I took out all of the stuff from my closet. I also sorted through the clothes and ended up donating a huge bag of clothing I no longer wear.

The hubby moved the shelf and rod 4" higher, put in another rod on the left side, and a tall 1'-wide and 1'-deep shelving unit. All materials used were bought at home depot, cut to size, and assembled at home.

And this is what my closet looks now. The top shelf is still a bit messy, but at least it is all in one place! So now I have my shirts and tees on top and can appropriately match the pants or skirts from the bottom!

And the right side nicely drapes my long dresses and sweaters.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty neat. I've got three kids all in one room, this just might work for us. Stopping by from The Crafty Blog Stalker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...