Healthy Veggie Scramble

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I love making scrambled eggs for breakfast on weekends. It is my time to add new veggies that I have in my fridge. This time, I had some zucchini, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. It is a healthy breakfast filled with protein and nutrients! Enjoy!

Healthy Veggie Scramble
Prep time: 5 min        Cook Time: 5 min           Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten

- Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
1. Over medium heat, saute zucchini, onion, mushrooms and tomato until tender. Add feta cheese and allow cheese to melt but not burn.
2. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Cook the eggs until set, stirring constantly to avoid burning or browning on the bottom.
3. Divide eggs between two plates and serve hot along side fresh cucumber or tomatoes.

Print Friendly and PDF

Where I link up my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...