Insanity Program - Week 2 Update

Friday, May 10, 2013

Last week I told you all that I was starting the Insanity 60-day workout program. This is the second week of my nine-week journey. The Insanity program is a cardio-based workout program that combines interval training with resistance training to help you burn calories, lose fat and increase body muscle and cardio fitness.


Being on week two, I can definitely feel myself becoming stronger - both in muscle and cardio. I can keep going all the way of each interval until the next rest break, and I can definitely feel my muscles getting stronger. However, I can also feel myself being more tired than usual. I think I will start to include more protein into my diet to help boost my energy as well as more sleep, which I think I am lacking. I ended up missing two days due to an injury, so that kind of sucked (being in the first week as well!). But I am determined that the next 7 weeks will go smooth.

Changes
I am also beginning to see changes, even after two weeks. I have lost two pounds so far and have definitely noticed some extra "space" in my pants and a getting-there flatter tummy. Because I work long days and my drive to work and back is a not-so-fun hour each way, the best time for me to work out is during my evenings. This way after dinner I am packed with energy and ready to go. It's also a great time for me since I can just shower and plop into bed!

Food
I am not really following the Insanity nutrition program - it consists of a very high protein and fibre diet. However, I am trying to intake more protein and fibre with both  my meals and my smoothies. I have also been cutting sugar and sweets out of my diet (although I had a slice of cake this past weekend!). The guide also states to eat five meals a day, all of the same calorie count. I oftentimes don't get hungry to eat the two extra meals between my breakfast, lunch and dinner. Instead I opt for Greek yogurt, apples with peanut butter, nuts, or fruits. This way I am not starving myself before lunch or dinner and I am keeping up my food intake. I still have sweet cravings, but I satisfy them with either vanilla Greek yogurt or make a smoothie. I have really been into smoothies and shakes ever since I started my workout program, and am making one every day. I try to mix veggies with fruits for a sweet drink. I will share some of the recipes I have been experimenting recently with you all in the upcoming days!

Catch up on my previous update:

I will give you all a third week update next week! Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I'm also really into making protein & fruit smoothies now that I'm working out more. They make getting my nutrients in so easy and it also helps me keep full.

    But that's awesome you're already seeing progress. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are a great way to intake lots of nutrients, a great "supplement" if you think of it that way.
      And thanks so much :)

      Delete
  2. We just got our Insanity videos and are starting TONIGHT! I was so glad to read your post from someone that has survived week 1 :0) Keep up the good work!!

    Visiting from Mop It Up Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! It's gonna be tough, but soooo worth it in the end!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...