I love making homemade pizza nowadays. I bought the hubby a bread machine this past Christmas and we have been experimenting many different recipes, including making our own pizza. It is so much better than any frozen or takeout pizza we have bought in the past. Plus, we control what (and how much) toppings to put.
Homemade Thin Crust Pizza
Prep time: 10 min (plus additional 30 to allow dough to rise) Cook Time: 20 min Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic spread, melted (optional)
- Toppings and sauce of your choice
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Add yeast mixture and stir to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough is formed. If the dough is too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover the dough in olive oil, to prevent hardening of the dough, and allow to rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
3. Once the dough has doubled in size, turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a large disk. Starting from the centre of the disk, lightly press and stretch out the dough towards the edge of the dough. Continue with this method until you have about 1/4 inch thickness. Transfer your dough onto a lightly greased pizza pan.
4. Spoon your desired amount of tomato sauze onto the pizza. Add your favourite toppings. Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Brush crusts with melted garlic spread if you wish.
Where I link up my posts!