Barbeque Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

Thursday, May 30, 2013

I absolutely love making this recipe during the summer months. I tried a pulled pork sandwich at this one local restaurant two years ago. It was a really savoury sandwich, so I wanted to replicate it at home. Unfortunately, my recipe never turned out quite like theirs, so I gave up. Then a couple weeks ago, I had a few chicken breasts sitting in the fridge and I had no clue what to make for lunch. So I decided to try my attempts at a pulled chicken sandwich instead, using the new Kraft Brown Sugar barbeque sauce we bought to try this summer.
Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwich

While my intention was to just make a sandwich, I think I accidentally made a really great tasting pulled chicken sandwich! While I had a hard time "shredding" the chicken, I ended up cutting it up by the end, which worked good still! This sandwich is perfect for the summer months, combined with a nice tall cold glass of iced tea and a side of sweet potato fries! Enjoy!
Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwich

Barbeque Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Prep time: 15 min        Cook Time: 30-40 min           Yield: 6 - 8 servings

Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Kraft Brown Sugar bbq sauce)
- Salt and pepper
- 6-8 buns (hamburger, kaiser, Hawaiian)
- Lettuce (romaine, iceberg, red leaf, etc)
- 6-8 slices Monterey Jack cheese (or mozzarella, gouda, cheddar, havarti)


Directions
1. Preheat BBQ grill to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine salt and pepper and 1/2 cup barbeque sauce. Add chicken breasts and ensure they are coated with sauce.
3. Cook chicken on grill until thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
4. Shred chicken. In a frying pan over medium heat, add remaining barbeque sauce. Add shredded chicken and allow the sauce to brown a bit. This adds more flavour to the chicken.
5. Open buns and place cheese on bottom bun. Heat on grill for a bit. Add chicken and top with lettuce.

Variations:
Cook chicken breast using your own method on stove top instead of on barbeque.
Add more barbeque sauce on the top bun for added flavour.

Print Friendly and PDF

Where I link up my posts!
Sharing over at:
A Modern Commonplace Book

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds super fan & as a huge fan of chicken sandwiches recipes , it's yummmmmm!
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our favorite sandwiches! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share! Hope to see you again soon! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...