While my intention was to just make a sandwich, I think I accidentally made a really great tasting pulled chicken sandwich! While I had a hard time "shredding" the chicken, I ended up cutting it up by the end, which worked good still! This sandwich is perfect for the summer months, combined with a nice tall cold glass of iced tea and a side of sweet potato fries! Enjoy!
Barbeque Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Prep time: 15 min Cook Time: 30-40 min Yield: 6 - 8 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Kraft Brown Sugar bbq sauce)
- Salt and pepper
- 6-8 buns (hamburger, kaiser, Hawaiian)
- Lettuce (romaine, iceberg, red leaf, etc)
- 6-8 slices Monterey Jack cheese (or mozzarella, gouda, cheddar, havarti)
1. Preheat BBQ grill to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine salt and pepper and 1/2 cup barbeque sauce. Add chicken breasts and ensure they are coated with sauce.
3. Cook chicken on grill until thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
4. Shred chicken. In a frying pan over medium heat, add remaining barbeque sauce. Add shredded chicken and allow the sauce to brown a bit. This adds more flavour to the chicken.
5. Open buns and place cheese on bottom bun. Heat on grill for a bit. Add chicken and top with lettuce.
Cook chicken breast using your own method on stove top instead of on barbeque.
Add more barbeque sauce on the top bun for added flavour.
Where I link up my posts!
Sharing over at: