Starting Out (Again)

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

If you have been following my blog, you know that I was trying to lose weight before my wedding in order to lose that extra "freshman-15" (or 20) that I gained throughout my undergraduate and graduate studies. You might also recall my fave workout routine is the Insanity workout program. But I have a confession to make - I have been slacking over the past two months and have been working out maybe a day or two at most while eating snacks in the evenings. Yes, I know, shame on me! And so I fear gaining all that weight I lost and lose all those muscles I gained last year.

So with the warm weather slowly (and I mean slowly...could it be any slower?!) approaching us, I decided to get my butt back in gear and get into exercising again. I work in an office setting all day long, so  you could imagine how much this might will have an effect on me over time. Research has shown the negative effects of sitting at your desk for prolonged periods of time. So if you sit all day long, make sure to schedule in some walking time!
via
Other than trying to move a little when I get home, I also want to get back into my beach bod! With Christmas and Easter waaay past us (thank goodness!) there are no more upcoming major holidays where eating and eating (....and eating) are considered a must! Which is why I am dedicating my next 60 days to the insanity workout program. Yes I am insane....but I am devoted to complete each day by the schedule provided and while I might not follow their nutrition guide, I will try to incorporate my own healthy dishes and snacks.


And what better way than to blog about it! This way, I am not lying to myself (which most often is the case!) and would feel a sort of "pressure" from you, my readers, to see how my progression is going! Plus I always love reading success stories or stories of people during their workout regime, so I hope to motivate at least one of you out there! Here is my month 1 schedule and what I have completed so far:

My hips/thighs and stomach are the worst problem areas. I have wide hip bones, so my hips are naturally bigger. But the extra fat on them is not natural! So I plan to slim down in this area as well as work on my tummy (and those dreaded muffin tops!) a bit more. I have never struggled with my weight, as I was always a normal weight to begin with. At 5'6", I was always in the 130-pound range. It was only the last 6 years of studying too much and working out too little that has made me gain 20 extra pounds. As a point of reference, this is what I am starting off with.


You can read my week 2 update here.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

I leave you with some motivation! Enjoy!
via
via
via
Note: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the motivational pictures. I laughed so hard with the "Sitting is the new smoking" sign because I do both sometimes haha ^^;;
    This motivates me to try harder as well :)
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...