Meet Erin! {Guest Post}

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I want to introduce you all to a lovely blogger that I had the chance to meet recently! She runs the blog Surprised By Joy. Through our email exchanges and reading her blog, I have gotten to know her a bit more. She is truly a sweet person and her blog is very inspirational! I hope you all take the time to meet her and check out her blog!

*     *     *     *     *     *     *


Hi! I’m Erin from over at “Surprised By Joy” blog.  I’ve been blogging for a little over a year now and I am hooked.  My daughter, over at “The Marvelous Flight of Cara”, is the blogger who inspired me. I chose my blog title for the significant meaning behind it for me:  C.S. Lewis wrote a book of the same name.  Lewis’ aim was to identify and describe the events surrounding his accidental discovery of and consequent search for the phenomenon he labeled “joy”. What I, “surprisingly discovered”, is that I can count it all joy even in trials, and in God’s strength this is how I choose to live life.  

So, I began writing about what God was teaching me and what was going on in my life soon after Cara’s wedding was over (December 31, 2011) and my husband and I were officially empty nesters.  I have absolutely loved being a wife and a mother, and now I am in a new season of life, which I also love!   I am pursuing God as never before, learning Mandarin and preparing to move to China in July for four years.  I will be assisting my husband in his class teaching English at a large university and so hope to volunteer at an orphanage in our city!  We’ll establish relationships with the students, and host them in our home for fellowship with the hope of sharing Jesus with them.

When I think about my life so far with all the beautiful memories and also the struggles that have occupied time, I can count them all joy!  I have learned that it’s the trials in life that change me into the woman that I was created to be.   God allows them in my life for my benefit and with His strength and wisdom I can live in joy regardless of what comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...