A "Good Wife" You Say?

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yesterday I was listening to a local talk show whose topic was of most interest: the comeback of the 1950's housewife. I began to think: how would my life be different if times have not changed and all is the same as in the 50's? Would my master's degree be a complete waste of time, money and knowledge (or lack of existence)? Would my closet change from my most-loved leggings and mini-skirts to retro dresses and colourful aprons? Would my respect as a woman be put down and set aside to the more important concerns and respect of my husband? This lead me to reading articles, and brought me upon this article from the Housekeeping Monthly from 1955. This gave me a few good minutes of laughter, especially the one about "His topics of conversation are more important than yours."



Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. I love doing things for him to make him happy, which in turn makes me happy. But this article just made me laugh, and I just wanted to share with those who might have not seen this or forgot what a "good wife" was :) Let's just hope that if there is a comeback of the 50's housewife, she mixes in some modern knowledge and ideas of the 21st century to her lifestyle! Have a great rest of the week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...