Workout Jams

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I love working out at home. The gym tends to intimidate me. There is something about the atmosphere that I don't feel comfortable with. I used to go to the gym when I was in university and had access to the school fitness centre. But I was never a fan of the machines. I also used to attend fitness classes, which were a blast! But those tend to get expensive. Which is why I work out at home.

In my pre-wedding weight loss journey I shared with you back in January, I talked about the at-home Insanity DVDs I use regularly. I have found this type of workout to be a lot better than any other at-home workout DVDs that I have tried in the past - at-home bootcamps, pilates and the like. Probably because it is a major challenge for me and always leaves me drenched in sweat. In order to help keep me pumped up throughout the workout, I work out with Songza.

Songza makes it easy to find song lists based on activity, mood or artist.

I usually choose songlists under the "Working Out: Cardio" activities selection and usually play the "Euro Dance Workout". I tend to get pumped with club-type music - those with high beats per minute. The last thing you want to do is workout to "My heart will go on" or "YMCA". However, recently I found a great playlist - "Produced by Afrojack". I simply searched David Guetta in the search field and all of the playlists that contained some David Guetta songs were displayed. I tried this one and loved it!

If you have an iPhone or an Android phone, you can also download the Songza app. This allows you to take Songza with you when you are working out in the gym or driving around town.
via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...