Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 5 min Cook Time: 8-10 min Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 4oz cup of applesauce (I used Motts Unsweetened Applesauce)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and stir well. In another bowl, whisk the sugars, egg, applesauce and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine well.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Space out cookies 1-inch apart.
5. Bake in the center of the oven for 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 minutes for crispier cookies. Cool cookies on wire racks before eating!
Use peanut butter chocolate chips instead of regular chocolate chips, or combine both for a peanut butter taste
Where I link up my posts!