You Know You Were a 90s Kid When...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

So I had a special moment a few days ago. I was talking on the phone with my sister and somehow we got on the subject of Pogs...from back in the day! Well, one thing led to us reminiscing about our childhood, the 90s, and all those crazy things we used to do or watch. So, join with me in my recollection of the good ol' days and feel free to share some of your 90s memories!
You collected and played with Pogs - remember those cardboard round things with the pictures?

You carried a virtual pet around your neck - Tamagotchi, GigaPet or Nano was your baby, and you carried them around your neck at.all.times!

T.G.I. Friday's isn't just a restaurant chain - Each Friday you were impatiently waiting for that last school bell to ring for the weekend so you can rush home, quickly eat dinner, gather your group of friends, and watch some Boy Meets World, Dinosaurs, Step by Step and Family Matters. Now THAT was what TGIF really meant!

Boy bands were sooo in - It was hard to choose between Backstreet Boys and NSync. It was like choosing between your two best friends (whom you are both blood sisters with)

You "zig-a-zig-ahh"-ed your way to school in the morning - ...and after school, and during recess...

"Goosebumps" was not just an explanation to the bumps you get when you're cold. It was the scariest series of books...like ever...and you owned or read all of them. Forget the Twilight trilogy!

Your radio was your iPod - you would hold it in to record your favourite song on tape, so you can play it over and over again. Oh, and you had to have your Walkman with you wherever you went!

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? - We are all still looking for her...

The Macarena was a ritual dance - a must-have song played at all dances and parties

Your go-to snack for recess was either Dunkaroos or Fruit by the Foot

You would play MASH (mansion-apartment-shack-house) to predict your future. It told me I was going to marry Justin Timberlake, live in a mansion in Jamaica, have 18 kids, and own a lovely station wagon :)

Sailor Moon and Pokemon were the best anime series around. "Gotta catch 'em all!"

You can sing the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" theme song in your sleep..."in West Philadelphia born and raised"

You wore stick on earrings, a different colour and shape each day to obviously match your outfit. And you just had to stick-em at the corners of your eyes

You learned more from Bill Nye the Science Guy and Miss Frizzle than you did from your science teacher.

Twilight would never exist if Buffy the Vampire Slayer was still around, and witchcraft was popular because of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.

23 comments:

  1. Oh my. Dunkaroos why did you leave us?!?! My goodness that was the best snack on the entire planet! I would have traded my entire lunch for just one Dunkaroo pack. The 90's were the best. I don't know what is wrong with kids these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they are still being sold in stores...but i've never seen them! Kids these days dont know what real fun is!

      Delete
    2. I have always been able to find them in Dollar General stores!

      Delete
  2. Such a great list! My husband and I were just talking about Pogs the other day. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...this is so far what we thought of. Im sure theres more that we're forgetting!
      Thanks for stopping on by! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, Dunkarooooooos! I totally forgot about those things and I want some immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love dunkaroos too! Havent found them around my town yet...too bad!

      Delete
  4. What a great list...I definitely had a hot pink pog that I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a good laugh while reading this list! I remember comparing radios with friends and yours was only cool if it had High Speed Dubbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i remember that! Oh the good old days :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This is so true...pogs, Boy meets World, and the Fresh Prince of Bel air theme tune - all so true! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would first like to thank you for the fact that the Fresh Price song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. This was a great list, and definitely took me right back to the 90's, especially recording songs from the radio on to cassette. I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'Freedom Fridays'. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Angie G.
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! I love it!

    Thanks for linking up at last weekends link party @The Weekend re-Treat

    This week's party is now live. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I will be back this week :)

      Delete
  9. Too cute! I'm more of a child of the 80s, but we also played MASH a lot. I forgot all about it until you mentioned it here. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard 80s was a blast too. Anything to bring you back to the good old days is great !

      Delete
  10. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop :) You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more!

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in my early 30s and still play mash when I'm really bored

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...