Skin Care

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The winter weather really does some wonders to my skin. I tend to have an oily forehead but during the winter my nose and cheeks become so dry and flaky. I hate using cleansers or moisturizers that are oil-based because they seem to only make my face more oily but don't do anything about helping it heal, which is what my skin needs. Here are my faves that I have been using each day for a while now to help combat acne and lock in moisture.

Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel
When I was younger, I had major breakouts. I tried many over the counter skin care treatments, but this one seemed to work the best. Now, even after my pimple-faced teenage years are gone, I still love this cleanser. It is gentle on my skin, doesn't cause any excessive dryness, and I truly feel it working as I massage it onto my skin. My face is left clean and fresh that I can feel.

Elizabeth Grant Biocollasis Complex Cell Vitality Radiance Toner
Over the years I noticed that my pores have been slowly increasing in size, and that they are more noticeable than before. I guess it comes with age (ugh!). So I started using a toner for it. My mom swears by this brand, and so after trying it out myself I too have noticed that my pores have shrunk down a bit within a little less than a year of using this brand. I apply this after I wash my skin with the cleanser.

Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
I absolutely love this product! I have used oil-based creams in the past but it felt like it only promoted acne on my face. I then saw this product and decided to try it out. It's a gel-based moisturizer so locks in the moisture. Because it is gel-based, it feels like a mist of cool water on your face (think spa!). Plus, you can use it before applying your makeup - a great face prep!

Now it's your turn: Do you have any special facial treatments that you use and swear by?

*Note - this is not a sponsored post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...