Creamy Broccoli Alfredo Pasta

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I love Italian food. Especially pasta dishes. To me, it seems like you can prepare plain pasta with tomato sauce or a more gourmet pasta dish with veggies and chicken. I have done my time with buying different types of pasta sauce - especially Alfredo. I love Alfredo pastas because it is so creamy and has a different taste than the more sour-base of tomato sauce. But I hate store bought Alfredo sauce. So here is the version I make at home - easy and delicious! Enjoy!

Creamy Broccoli Alfredo Pasta

Creamy Broccoli Alfredo Pasta   (adopted from Taste of Home)
Prep time: 15 min        Cook Time: 15 min           Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients
- 350g linguine pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine

- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside. Meanwhile steam broccoli either in water or steamer pot. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, being careful that the flour doesn't burn. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes. If mixture is still not thick, add another tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
3. Add broccoli and sauce mix to pasta and stir to combine.

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...