Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Dates

Friday, February 15, 2013

I have to say that when I first found this recipe online, I was a bit skeptical of the ingredients. So, I did what I always do and modified the ingredients a bit to fit to what I like. I must say that these turned out really good! It tastes like apple cinnamon oatmeal in muffin form! Yum! They are such a great morning muffin because all of the ingredients in it are packed with nutrients you need for the day. Enjoy!


Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Dates
Prep time: 10 min        Cook Time: 30 min           Yield: 12 muffins

Ingredients
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)

- 2 eggs
- 1 large apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla

- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda

- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 14 dates, chopped + 12 whole dates

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Add baking cups to muffin pans.
2. Combine oats and yogurt in a bowl. Add eggs, shredded apple, apple sauce and vanilla. Blend until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add to egg mixture and blend to combine all ingredients. Add chopped dates and stir into mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into 12 muffin paper liners. Garnish each muffin with whole dates on top.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.

Variations:
Replace shredded apples with shredded zucchini or carrots.
Use white flour instead of whole wheat flour.

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, these look amazing! And they don't look that difficult! Pinning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are easy to make.
      PS - i linked up with your blog linky party!

      Delete
  2. Oh.. yum!! These look amazing!!! Definitely going to pin these and try them soon. (I am a muffin girl in the morning)

    Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...