Skinny Black Bean Brownies

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I found this recipe once when I was searching for beans recipes. It was sort of an accidental find, but after trying this recipe I am so happy I did find it! I promise they do not taste like beans at all! That was my biggest fear before I even tried making them. But something inside me wanted to try them since they sounded so delicious. And the only tool you need to make them is a food processor or blender. These are low in fat because they don't have a single drop of butter, high in fibre due to the beans, and gluten free since there is no flour. And they are so chewy and delicious! A great vegetarian dessert!

Start off with the beans. Process them in a food processor to get a nice bean paste.

Add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 eggs, 3/4 cups sugar, 3 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp baking powder.

Pulse it all together into a smooth batter.

Pour batter into a greased or parchment paper-lined 8x8-inch pan. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips (you can also do chopped walnuts or pecans). Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.

Enjoy!
Skinny Black Bean Brownies

Black Bean Brownies
Prep time: 5 min        Cook Time: 30 min           Yield: 12 brownie squares

Ingredients
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt

- Chopped walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips for garnish (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 8x8-inch pan, or line with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, puree black beans until smooth. Add remainder of the ingredients and pulse until smooth and all combined.
3. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips, if using. Bake in centre of the oven for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

8 comments:

  1. Yum these look great! I've seen bean dessert recipes before and have been nervous to try, but these look so yummy I think I will take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way you did to this recipe, but after making it I regret I didnt make them sooner! Ill be making these again next week! Let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  2. These certainly look good! I think I'll pin them...

    ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched Forks Over Knives, and trying to eat more vegan items! Pinning as well! Newest follower too! Would love for you to come visit my blog, Barefoot by the Sea!

    www.barefootbysea.com

    Have a great day!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. These have eggs... therefore they're not vegan, but they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out for me! I guess I mixed up vegan and vegetarian! I will surely make sure to change the name! Thanks :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...