Start off with the beans. Process them in a food processor to get a nice bean paste.
Add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 eggs, 3/4 cups sugar, 3 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
Pulse it all together into a smooth batter.
Pour batter into a greased or parchment paper-lined 8x8-inch pan. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips (you can also do chopped walnuts or pecans). Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
Black Bean Brownies
Prep time: 5 min Cook Time: 30 min Yield: 12 brownie squares
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Chopped walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 8x8-inch pan, or line with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, puree black beans until smooth. Add remainder of the ingredients and pulse until smooth and all combined.
3. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips, if using. Bake in centre of the oven for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Where I link up my posts!