MyFitnessPal

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hey all! It's finally mid-week....Wednesday! I thought I would share with you all a recent app that I found and have been using to track my meals and what I consume. I want to know how much fruits and veggies, dairy and even water I consume in a day. When I was really into exercising every day, I used to keep a log of what I would eat. But this didn't last long as I would never bring my journal with me to work or when I would go out to eat. Which is why I searched for an app that would keep track of it all and will be with me at all times. It is called "MyFitnessPal".

I downloaded this app for my Android phone. You can also update and input your info on their website. This makes it easy to keep track of what you consume, how much you consume and how much you exercise.

The app is so simple to use. I did screenshots of the online version instead of the phone version, but the phone app has a similar interface. I used my breakfast that I ate yesterday morning for for you to see how it works. You can search up any brand or type of food. You select how much of a serving you had. You can add as much per meal as you ate.

You can view all the items you had that day, along with the total calories, fat, carbs and protein. Even adding water is simple and you can keep track of whether or not you intake the recommended 6-8 glasses per day (which I never used to keep track of!).

You can also add your exercise routines. The only thing to this app is that you need to input the amount of calories burned after a workout. So if you have a calorie counter, it makes it good to keep track. I tend to work out with Beachbody's Insanity program, which is my favourite fitness DVD and search online to see approximate calories being burned by others for that same DVD and input an average number. I create my own workout, how many minutes I exercised and approximately how many calories I burned.


Right now I don't have any dedicated meal plans or calories to burn in a day using this app. I am just using this tool for the fun of it - mainly to see what I eat in a day and how often I exercise in a week. It is a great way to help me achieve my New Year's resolutions of eating more fruits and veggies and exercising at least 3 days a week. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really great app! I'm definitely going to have to check it out :)


    Thanks so much for following The Thriftiness Miss too.. I'm gfc following you back now :) Have a lovely day and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this app is really good...hope it works for you! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...