Mushroom, Hot Dog and Onion Stir Fry

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Okay, I have to admit, this recipe was compiled after the hubby asked what I'm making for lunch and I told him "well we have hot dogs that are close to expiration date". Along with that, we had a pack of mushrooms that were supposed to be used in a stir fry. Since we had no hot dog buns. So he thought it would be a great idea to mix mushrooms, onions and hot dogs as a stir fry. In all honesty, this was actually really delicious! The mushrooms made the hot dogs more juicier, and the onions was a big dose of flavour. We added some spices to it as well, such as Herbe de Provence and chili powder. We both agreed that this is a very tasty camping meal since it is easy, quick and very filling! I didn't know what to really call this recipe, so I decided to name it after the three ingredients! Enjoy!


Mushroom, Hot Dog and Onion Stir Fry
Prep time: 15 min        Cook Time: 15 min           Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 450g mushrooms, sliced
- 8 hot dogs, uncooked and cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. Herbe de Provence
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- pinch of salt and pepper for taste

Directions
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the onions until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and hot dogs and fry until mushrooms are soft and hot dogs are cooked. Add spices half-way through frying time. Serve hot with bread, if desired.

Variations:
Use your favourite sausages instead of hot dogs
Add other veggies for more flavour (peppers, asparagus, broccoli)

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

5 comments:

  1. Honestly I really like this dish and it is definitely something I would try at home. It could even be considered my signature dish for me in particular because I love hotdogs and I love mushrooms. Thanks for sharing and I am following you now.
    I would love for you to follow along.

    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-parents-concern.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought of this combination! It looks really good and I bet it tastes good too! Come to think of it, I have some mushrooms that need to be cooked!

    Thanks for sharing this recipe on Foodie Friends Friday! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love how you combined all the ingredients and I also love the picture on your blog because it makes the dish more inviting. I'm looking forward to see more updates about stir fry recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...