Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow Hearts

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

During the Christmas season I came across this post for homemade marshmallows that were cut into snowflakes using a cookie cutter. So I decided to do the same thing but make some marshmallow hearts that are perfect for Valentine's Day! A perfect hot drink to warm up the heart! :)

Needed: some marshmallows, a heart cookie cutter, a knife and some vegetable oil.

Grease both the knife and cookie cutter. Cut each marshmallow in half horizontally.

Press the cookie cutter into the centre of each marshmallow half.

If your marshmallows get super sticky and gooey, rub them in some powdered sugar.

Add them to your fave hot chocolate mix and serve it to your loved one! Enjoy!

Creamy Hot Chocolate
Prep time: 5 min        Cook Time: 5 min           Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp sugar

Directions
1. In a saucepan, add all ingredients and whisk until well combined. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until chocolate has melted. Pour into mugs. Add heart-shaped marshmallows. Serve.

Print Friendly and PDF

Where I link up my posts!

12 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! My daughter would flip. Found you on Hungry Little Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And its so versatile too for any occasion!

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love hot chocolate in the winter!! I hope you'll come link up to my Super Saturday Show & Tell:) I'd love to have you stop by http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! Even though it's the middle of summer here I'm still going to make some for my little guy this valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre so lucky you have summer-like weather. We are getting hit with snow and bone-chilling wind in Canada. Hope your little guy likes them!

      Delete
  4. I'm doing this for Valentin! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been featured in my Love is in the Air valentine's Day Round Up!
    http://ow.ly/hamou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super lovely idea! I would love my hot chocolate like that even more ;) Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - hope to see you there again this week with more of your deliciousness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just something about the presentation that would make hot chocolate taste better too :) Thanks for hosting and see you again this week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...