Homemade Facial Mask

Friday, January 4, 2013

I have been noticing recently that my skin has a few areas of acne. I tend to get flareups but this time it seemed to be really popping up (no pun intended!). I assume it's from all the sweets, chocolate and butter that was stuffed in me these past few weeks. And what other way for it to get out of the body than through your skin! So I did a quick search on Google and found a natural homemade facial mask that is perfect for acne. I had all two ingredients - honey and cinnamon. There is another recipe out there that includes nutmeg, but since I have none I only used honey and cinnamon. This recipe is great since the ingredients are natural, helping to reduce redness and  acne scars. Honey is antibacterial, an anti-oxidant, and a great moisturizer for the skin. Cinnamon is also antibacterial and in this mask is a great natural exfoliant.


All you need is one tablespoon of liquid honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon. If you are using nutmeg, do 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.

Mix ingredients in a small bowl into a thick paste. It should be thick enough to spread on your face. If it's too runny add more cinnamon, or add more honey if it's too clumpy. You can make a large batch of this stuff and keep it in an airtight jar or container for convenience. I have a small trial-sized glass jam jar that I store this in.

Make sure to tie your hair back. I use a headband to keep my bangs and any other loose hairs out of my face. This stuff can get sticky! Using your fingertips, apply the mixture all over your face and neck (if you prefer). Apply it in a circular motion to massage it into your skin. You will definitely feel the little granules from the cinnamon or the sugar granules from the honey.  If you have sensitive skin, take precaution and don't rub too hard. Leave the mask on for about 15-20 minutes. As with any facial treatment, if it starts to burn wash it off immediately.

Enjoy!

Where I link up my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...