Fried Cheesecake

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Quick blogger question: What do you get when you deep fry a cheesecake?
Fried Cheesecake
HEAVEN! Absolute heaven! There is something about frying a cheesecake wrapped in wonton wrappers (or tortillas - trust me just as good!) that just opens up a whole new world of flavour. I never grew up on fried food, nor is it a norm in my house, but every now and then I do love to indulge in some fried food. It is what Jenny Craig would call "My Days". So, reward yourself tonight and have some indulging fried cheesecake.

Fried Cheesecake

Fried Cheesecake
Prep time: 25 min        Cook Time: 40 min           Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients
- 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8 square spring roll wrappers (or small flour tortillas)
- Egg wash (1 egg and 1 cup water; use only if using spring rolls)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Chocolate sauce, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish

Directions
1. Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 8-inch round pan. In a bowl, beat cream cheese with egg. Add icing sugar and vanilla and stir until combined. Pour into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely (Cool faster by placing in the fridge for an hour). Cut cheesecake into 8 slices.
2. Deep-fried Cheesecake: Place each slice on a spring roll wrapper or flour tortilla (add egg wash around edges if using spring roll wrappers). Fold up bottom side of the wrapper, then fold in the sides. Roll up the cheesecake. Meanwhile, combine granulated sugar with cinnamon in a bowl; set aside.
3. In a deep pot, add vegetable oil deep enough to cover each cheesecake roll. Heat to 350˚F. Drop each cheesecake one at a time. Fry for 1-2 minutes until golden-brown. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to allow excess oil to drain off. Place each fried cheesecake in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Stir to coat.
4. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with whipped cream.

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

31 comments:

  1. oh my HEAVENS!!! this looks divine!!! Mmmmm, I am totally making these thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes as good as it looks! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Need to try this! I am a new follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... this look so delicious! Just saw your post linked up at The Answer is Chocolate :)

    Would love for you to link up at my weekend link party @The Weekend re-Treat

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! These look soooo good. I'd love it if you would share these at my Saturday Spotlight linky party. :) http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-2-features/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw this at the Best Blog Recipes link up - looks sooOOoo good! Definitely need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frying cheesecake is one of those things I would have never thought about. Of course, who would have thought to fry an oreo?

    Thank you for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had fried oreos! The weirdest fried food I have ever had was a fried snickers bar at a restaurant...which was actually less tasteful than what it sounds. This one might sound fattening or "ew" but it is so not!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. OH MY GAWD! I don't care how much this sticks to my hips, I'm doing it!

    I'd love it if you would share this recipe over at F-it Fridays sometime!
    http://www.parloandlogi.com/category/f-it-friday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link...I'll see you there this week! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my word does that look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This reminds me of a similar dessert they serve in a lot of Mexican restaurants. I cant wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing with Saturday Spotlight. Have a great week and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember trying fried bananas at one Mexican restaurant..which does remind me of this dish. Was that what you tried?

      Delete
  11. I am so glad you came over and linked up this delicious looking fried cheesecake recipe at last weekends link party!

    I'd love for you to stop by again and link up a few of your other recipes @The Weekend re-Treat

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'm also following on GFC, Pinterest & FB!

      Delete
  12. Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-3

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this sounds amazing. I love cheesecake, I will have to try this the next time I make it! Thanks for linking up to Talkin' about Thursday, I hope to see you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious. I love cheesecake, and anything fried has to be good, right? Thanks for linking up at Chef's Day Off on chefnotincluded.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesomeness! Reminds me of deep fried apple pie! Ooooo...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following you on Facebook, Pinterest, and Bloglovin. Have a great weekend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea! I can imagine frying a cheesecake is the only way to make it in ultimate fashion Looks awesome. Thanks so much for sharing at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am new follower of your blog.. That recipe sounds yummy and delicious. Reminds me taste of Fried Cheesecake which I eat at New Orleans Bar and Grill in Greensboro.
    http://www.neworleansbarandgrill.com/food/fried-cheesecake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...