Creamy Chicken Salad Bake
Prep time: 15 min Cook Time: 30 min Yield: 8 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups pasta, cooked and drained (penne, spiral, large shell, small shell, etc.)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
2. Heat olive oil in a deep pan or pot. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the green peas and cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Add cubed chicken breast, mayonnaise, mushroom soup and pasta. Stir to combine well.
4. Pour mixture into greased baking dish. Coat with shredded cheese. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, for 20-25 minutes.
For a different topping, toss 1 cup soft bread crumbs with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle over chicken mixture before baking.
Where I link up my posts!