Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Prep time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1.5 hours Yield: About 60 cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp warm milk
1. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture.
2. Divide dough into two even balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, or freeze for 20 minutes. When ready to roll, let dough stand at room temperature until soft enough to roll out.
3. Between two waxed papers, roll out one dough ball to approximately 12 x 10-inch rectangle at 1/4-inch thickness. Make the cinnamon sugar: by combining sugar and butter. Spread half evenly onto rectangle.Starting at the long side, roll up dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 15 minutes, until firm enough to cut. Repeat the same with the other half of the dough (or you can freeze it for future cookie times!). Preheat oven to 375°F.
4. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thickness. Place cut side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake cookies in center of oven until edges are golden, about 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pans for about 5 minutes, then transfer to cooking rack to cool completely.
5. For the cream cheese icing: In a bowl, microwave cream cheese for about 10 seconds on high. Add icing sugar and milk and stir until well combined. Drizzle over cooled cookies before serving.
Where I link up my posts!