Zucchini Nut Muffins
Prep time: 5 min Cook Time: 25-30 min Yield: 12-16 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized grated zucchinis
- Quick rolled oats for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Add baking cups to muffin pans. You will need 2 12-cup muffin pans for this recipe, depending on how much you fill each cup.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, bran, sugar, walnuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
3. In a separate bowl, beat zucchini, eggs and oil. Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until just moistened.
4. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of batter into prepared muffin pans. Fill to three-quarters full for a regular sized muffin or full for a large sized muffin. For my batch, I filled three-quarters of the pan. Sprinkle each muffin with some quick rolled oats
5. Bake for 20 minutes for regular-sized muffins or 30 minutes for larger-sized muffins.
If you prefer all-purpose flour and no bran, use 2 cups all-purpose flour and omit bran.
Use chopped pecans instead of walnuts.
Replace zucchini with shredded carrots.
Replace chocolate chips with dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, blueberries).
Where I link up my posts!