Spinach and Onion Dip
Prep time: 5 min Cook Time: 10 min Yield: 4 servings
- 1 spinach bunch (about one pound), washed and chopped
- 1/2 tub sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 bag whole wheat pita bread (about 4 pitas)
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan, fry onion and garlic until soft, about 1 minute. Add spinach and fry until spinach is soft and almost wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the sour cream and stir until well combined and sour cream starts to heat up. Add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. If you like it more cheesy or more runny, add either more cheese or sour cream.
2. Heat oven to 300°F. Cut pita bread into quarter slices. Place directly on lower racks of oven. Bake until crispy (about 5 minutes). Serve warm with dip.
For a lighter dip, omit the cheese, or sprinkle the finished product with 1 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese.
Substitute regular sour cream with light sour cream for a healthier take on this dip.
Where I link up my posts!