Bathroom Reno Reveal

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hello and thanks for stopping by! First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers!! Hope you have a great day and the rest of the holiday weekend! I have been talking about my bathroom reno for the past month or so now, and I am happy to say that our bathroom reno is finally complete!

So you have probably heard me talking about my bathroom reno that we started last week. I am happy to say that after 8 days of working on it, the bathroom is finally complete! When we first bought this house last year, I didn't think too much of the bathroom since it looked clean and useable (believe me, during our house hunting days, there were a couple homes whose bathrooms were very far from this statement). And since it was a neutral colour with a white cabinet, I thought it was a perfect design. Oh, little did I know that this colour (you have probably heard me say this over and over again...every. single. room. is painted the same colour!) would be eating me alive after only a few short months. I didn't like the fact that it was the same colour as my bedroom, living room, dining room, and kitchen. Need I say more?

So, after convincing my hubby to redo the bathroom, we started our bathroom shopping. Now, this process took a while. We had a budget in mind, and didn't want to spend more than what we wanted on this tiny little bathroom. So we looked for sales and deals where we could. And we did find them! The vanity, vanity top, shower faucets, and extras in the bathroom were all on sale. Yay! So lets walk you through this bathroom before the reno:

And like I mentioned before, we barely  had any room to store our things. As you can see, everything was laid out on the counter. I thought I had a pretty good organizational system underneath the counter, but after a few weeks I was sick of searching for my hair spray and comb. So I had no choice. 

The light fixture...need I say more? I think every standard bathroom built comes with these. Nothing special...just provides the basic light. Not anything pretty! Oh and the standard ol' mirror...again nothing pretty.
 

The tiles...those ugly, yellowy tiles. I think these were the originals from when the house was built in the 70's. I'm sorry, I don't mean to hate on them, they were probably pretty to the previous owners. But I personally don't like them. And plus that 2-handle faucet and shower head kept dripping non-stop. Another reason to update the bathroom, no?

My dad helped us with this reno. He is such a good handyman, and hubby really learns a lot too. We had to take down the soap holder and towel rod first. We bought the plastic tub walls, and what was great about them was that they can be placed right over top the tiles....easy peasy!

Since we were upgrading from a two-handle faucet to a single-handle faucet, we had to cut out holes in the wall for that. I am so happy to be done with this old faucet!

And just a touch of greenery I added to the bathroom when we moved in to give it more texture. I guess it worked for only so long!

So after 8 days of working on it, running out to the hardware store some 20 times (the pipes are old, things went wrong and needed to be replaced), our bathroom is finally complete! Here are the pictures! The wall paint is Behr "Light French Gray".




I just have to mention that I love this mirror! I bought it at BouClair Home and it fit the perfect size that we needed in this space. I love how the brass nickel matches the door handles, light, towel rod and toilet holder.

A closer look at the detail on the mirror.

The vanity light. A very classy update from what we previously had!

I spray painted the floral pot in a cream colour. I like it for now, but am thinking of spray painting it blue to add some colour in here and match the walls.


And the shower. Updating the faucet and shower head feels like heaven now! And the tub walls add so much space for the bodywash and shampoo bottles. There are four shelves in total, but the right side is hidden in this picture by the shower curtain. Also, replacing the shower curtain with a white one really made the inside of the tub look and feel big when showering! What a major improvement!

Where I link up my posts!

8 comments:

  1. That bathroom may not be that big but it's so cute and cozy! It's good that you used that kind of flooring because there are less chances of slipping because of them even if the rags get wet.

    Chase Conely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, its vinyl...came when we bought the house. We figured to point in renovating them since they are in good shape and easy to clean.

      Delete
  2. I like the way your bathroom turned out. It looks neater and tidier than it already was. I guess it’s probably due to the lighter paint color you used. It helped distribute the light fairly on your little bathroom. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I've been trying to do some bathroom renovation , and this gave me some great insight for things to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bathroom! Wonderful job....enjoy it!! thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your renovation of your bath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looks incredible,you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!.
    Bathtub Faucets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...