12 Days of Christmas Cookies Series

Thursday, November 15, 2012

With the Christmas season in full swing now, I have begun to think about the food that will be served during this season. This is my most favourite time of the year - it brings a feeling of comfort, joy and happiness to me. I love getting together with family and friends, talking into the late night hours while munching on some cookies. I love the smell of sweet vanilla and sugar that fills the home. This is a nice memory of my childhood. I grew up in a home where my mom loved to bake a variety cookies and pastries and my dad loved eating them! And naturally, being surrounded by this I have grown to especially love baking during the holiday season. I always make sure to have something sweet for whoever drops by. Because it is just me and the hubby, we go to both sides of the family for Christmas dinner (or should I say dinners!). So I like to see myself in charge of the dessert side of the dinner!

This year, I was wanting to try an assortment of cookies and types, and maybe even take a crack at some cookies made in different countries. As I tend to do my research before starting to do the work, I was looking online for Christmas cookie inspirations. And boy did I find many! Since I just heart Pinterest, I created a board specifically geared for Christmas cookies 2012! And thus I decided to do a "12 days of Christmas cookies" mini-series. Join me in this series to get ideas and recipes for your Christmas baking. I will be starting December 1. I'm excited! Hope to see you there!

Clockwise from Top: Chocolate-Raspberry Tassies, Candy Stripe Cookie Sticks, Chocomint Blossoms, White-Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies, Buried Cherry Cookies

If you would like to participate and have one of your recipes featured, send me an email and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...