What I am Thankful For This Year

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In honour of Thanksgiving day being yesterday, and since I did not have time to post this sooner, I wanted to share some of the things I am thankful for this year.

1. Faith
First and foremost, I am thankful for the faith I have in God. He has been with me through the worst of times and the best of times, and I am truly grateful for all that He has provided.

2. My Family
Becoming a wife this year has made me a very happy (and lucky!) gal! I am so grateful for my husband, for being with me for these past 8 years and then (finally!) marrying me! I am also grateful to the new family that I married into, since they are such amazing people and a great family. I am also thankful for my parents and sister, who continue to support me and love me unconditionally. I am so happy to have such a loving and caring family!

3. Health
This is one of the major things that we all take for granted. It is one of the things we cannot live without. And therefore, third on my list is my health.

4. My Dog, Sparky
I have never had a pet before, other than fish. But who can hold fish anyways?! Over the past year that we have had him, my love for him has really grown! I never knew how much I can love a dog! I am so happy to have my happy, playful, and full-of-life beagle!

5. My Friends
Over the years, I have had many friends come and go, but the three close friends I have today have been friends with me the longest. I am so happy to have such an amazing group of friends in my life. It helps to keep my life balanced!

6. My Job
I am so happy to have a job that I went to school for. Graduating with a Master's degree, I once feared I will not find a job in my field in this hardship of times. Luckily, I found this job while I was still in grad school. I am fortunate that they allowed me to work part-time while in school and switched over my hours to full-time after I graduated.

7. My Baking Skills
Yeah I know, I am thankful for the ability to bake (and cook)! Ha! But I love that I am not afraid of the oven (I personally know some who are) and know how to read a recipe (again things we take for granted!). And I am so happy I can always have some yummy food or desserts in my home and no need to go out to eat, thus saving us money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...