Tenderloin with Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
Prep time: 40 min Cook Time: 1.5 hours Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 225g. mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 tsp. pork rub spice (or other spice of your choosing)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub 1 tbsp. olive oil all over pork. Marinade pork with desired seasoning. I used a pork rub, but you can also use barbecue sauce if desired. Or simply stick with olive oil, salt and pepper. Leave pork covered in the fridge for about half hour to marinade (or longer if you prefer more flavour).
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a deep baking pan, add remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add sliced mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Place the marinated pork tenderloins on top of the mushroom and onions.
3. Cover the baking pan with either a lid or aluminum foil. This will help to keep in moisture from being released from the onions and mushrooms, and thus will make your pork juicy and tender.
4. Check the meat regularly to ensure proper baking. Bake for one hour, or until pork is cooked in the center.
Cook the pork in 1/2 cup chicken broth only. Fry the onions and mushrooms on the stove until golden brown.
Substitute mushrooms for any other veggie you prefer.
Serve with bakes potato wedges, mashed potatoes or your choice of vegetables.