Cooking 101

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Good day all! As you can tell from my blog posts - aside from decorating and crafts - my biggest love is for cooking and baking. I love the tastes and smells of food, and the comfort and joy it brings when you bite into something delicious. I can make a really good New York style cheesecake, but I believe we can all increase our cooking knowledge and skills. No I didn't go to the best culinary school nor do I have a dad that is a top chef. But I have learned (and still continue to learn) many kitchen skills from cook books, cooking shows, family and the internet as I am sure many of you have as well. But let me tell you I am no professional (FAR from it actually). Yes I have burned cookies, made a lava cake (accidentally!), and forgot to add salt to my main course. But as in any field, mistakes do happen and we do learn from them. When I started cooking at the age of 15, I didn't know what I was doing. I just followed a recipe. But over time my cooking skills have evolved. And I am hoping that they continue to expand.

Thus to share with you, I am happy to announce that I will be offering a mini series, "Cooking 101", where I will post tips, articles, and techniques on cooking and baking. Please, feel free to join in on this series by posting comments or questions at the end of each article and we can all learn a few good things. If you would like to see an article on a specific topic, email me your ideas and suggestions. I am as excited as you are! I have an ever-growing list of topic ideas for this series that I can't wait to share!
I kicked off my mini series yesterday by filling you in on the gadget must-haves in your kitchen. If you missed my first article then read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...