Fall Wreath {DIY}

Monday, September 24, 2012

Hi and happy Monday to you! I hope you all had a great weekend! I sure did...so much decorating to welcome fall into our home. I will share my fall decor with you this week, starting with my fall wreath for today's post. The interior will be posted later in the week.

I went to the local dollar store and, while browsing through their fall and hallowe'en merchandise, I really got inspired to do some DIY crafts for fall. Especially to make a fall wreath. I have never done a fall wreath before, nor have I had one hanging on my door in the past (it was always a Christmas wreath that I had). So I thought this year would be a different story, and that I would be more into the fall season rather than waiting for the Christmas season to come to start decorating. Besides, fall is such a nice time with the leaves changing colour that you could brighten up your house with the festive oranges, yellows and greens that there is. So this is what I ended up buying from the dollar store to do a simple fall wreath.

I pulled off all the leaves from the stems, which easily came off. I took off that scary (but cute) scarecrow from the straw wreath, so I can use the wreath as a base. And those red and orange berry decors I trimmed to smaller smaller pieces to stick within my wreath. I ended up only using the mini pumpkin decors from the orange flower bunch.

I started gluing those leaves along the wreath with a hot glue gun, sort of in an overlapping manner. I glued the leaves to the front and either sides of the wreath. Then I glued some pine cones I had lying around my home, stuck in those berries between the leaves, and glued a brown ribbon to the back so it can hang easily on the door.

Ta da! This is what it looked like when I was done.
I love the colours and I love how it adds that nice touch of fall to happily welcome anyone that comes to the door this fall season!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...