Fall Fashion Faves

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Good day all! Today I will tell you my must-have fall fashion favourites. Yes yes...I know. Why the heck am I talking about fall already, especially since we have been having such nice weather here in Southern Ontario (no I promise I wont jinx it!). Well my friends, I will tell you my reasons for this post: Thanksgiving Day is coming, which is the official kick-off holiday for fall; we are in the back-to-school state of mind, and that always means casual, comfy and warm clothing; and the maple tree across the street from my house has already begun shedding its leaves (yikes!). So, searching through some of the fall fashion trends for 2012, I have made a simple outfit board of all the things I love.


1. I love cardigans - open cardigans in particular. Any colour, any style. They are easy to throw on, you can wear any type of shirt underneath, and they keep you nice and warm for the fall weather. When the weather is a bit cooler to wear tanks, but too warm for a fall jacket, I opt for my fave cardigan instead.

2. There isn't anything as good as a pair of comfy jeans. I love skinny jeans since they tend to be stretchy, depending on where you find them (I am not fond of stiff skinny jeans!). I have invested in a nice pair of stretchy skinny's, which I love wearing throughout the fall and winter season. But I think I'll buy another (lighter) pair to have this fall!

3. Nothing says fall than some dark colours. Sure, purple may scream spring to you, but to me the darkness of this simple and cute shirt reminds me of fall. Pair it with your lighter cardigan and you are all set for fall!

4. Shoulder purses are my fave, especially ones with a strap that's short enough to be a hand-held purse but not too short to fit on your shoulder. These types of purses tend to come in the perfect size for me - enough to keep all of my "stuff" I regularly carry with me.

5. What can be worn to the office and also on a night out? Flats of course! They are oh-so comfy, and very easy to slip into when you're in a rush (like when you're late for work or a dinner). I like my flats in neutral tones since they can be matched easily with any outfit.

6. For those of you who have been waiting to wear your fave boots, now is finally the time! From what I have been seeing, it's those knee-high boots that seem to be selling in stores. Of course, ankle and mid-calf boots are still hot!

7. And finally, what outfit would be complete without some sort of bling-bling? This necklace represents fall with the signature leaf, and the gold colour matches perfectly with the gold detailing on the purse and the flats. Perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Love the flats in that picture! I think I seen a similar pair at Aldo's a bit back... I need to shop for some ballerina flats now, and maybe a nice pair of boots ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is from Aldo.com...i just loved the nude colour of the shoes

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...