Basement Reno - Update

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hi and thanks for stopping by! As promised in my post earlier this week, here is that update to what the basement looks like now. You probably noticed the lack-of furniture in the basement (other than the needed couch, tv and some odds and ends) in the previous post. We have since updated this space to make it more cozy and homey.

As you recall in this picture, our walls looked so boring. There surely needed something to liven things up.

So a quick search on Kijiji for wall art, I came across this painting and fell in love. And for $15 for such a large picture, it was surely a steal!

So that once-boring wall now looks like this.

And again a view with the TV.

And remember that boring space right next to the TV in the corner?

Well, after buying some nice canvas art and an Ikea shelving unit, this space now has some functional usage AND decorative appeal.

Finally, a place for my National Geographic book collection and my collection of stuff.

I didn't want the background of the shelving unit to be the same colour as the walls, so I spruced it up by taping some pretty wallpaper I bought. The brown matches with the same earthy tone I was going for in this living space, while the metallic silver swirls add a touch of glam.

While this space still looks pretty much the same as it initially did, I did add some decorative pieces to the table.

Like this from HomeSense. I believe it is Julius Caesar, due to the Laurel wreath on his head. But I am not 100% sure. Either way, I loved this ceramic piece.

A nice white picture frame with the same wall paper used in the shelving unit ties into the theme.

And, of course, I had to showcase my beautiful bouquet from my wedding. I absolutely love this part!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...