Bakefest Friday - Banana Bread
Friday, August 31, 2012
Happy Friday to you all! It's the end of another great work week and time to get started on a long holiday weekend, woo hoo! So what better way to get started than with a house smelling of cherry pie, or sugar cookies. Or better yet - Banana bread! Happy baking and see you all in September!
Prep time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Yield: 1 loaf
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine mashed banana and melted butter in a bowl. I use a potato masher to easily mash my bananas.
3. Add in sugar, egg, vanilla and cinnamon to banana mixture. Mix well until all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, stir flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into banana mixture gradually, mixing until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Spread into a greased loaf pan.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check on the baking - if it comes out clean it is ready to come out!
Add 1/2 cup dried cranberries to the batter.
Add 1/3 cup flaked coconut to batter
Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips to batter.